If you want a rave from me, skip to the questionnaire at the end. If you would like a recommendation from me, here is what you need to do (please read all instructions carefully):
1. Ask me in person for a letter of recommendation or rave. If circumstances change and you want to ask over the summer, feel free to email me. If you asked for a rave and would prefer a recommendation, let me know ASAP.
2. Please fill out the google form below to provide me with more information about yourself. This should be done before you send or give me submission materials. Only complete the form once you have personally asked me for a recommendation. I will not write a recommendation for anyone who does not fill out this form.
IF you are having me submit your recommendation electronically (preferred method):
3. Add me as a recommender on Naviance ASAP.
4. Email me with due dates for applications that are not on Naviance, especially if you are applying ED/EA.
IF you are having me submit paper recommendations:
3. Bring me stamped envelopes (2 stamps) with MY return address (see below) along with the forms for each college you will be applying to inside the envelopes. Clearly indicate due dates for each school on the envelopes, especially if you are applying ED/EA, and get them to me at least a week before they need to be mailed.
Bronx High School of Science
75 W 205 St
Bronx, NY 10468
Try to bring the envelopes to me in person. If you can't find me, you may leave them in my mailbox or on my desk - but if you do this, you must e-mail me to confirm that I received them.
4. Fill out the teacher section as well as the student section of each form with the information given below, and make sure to sign the waiver on each form. Fill out each form with the following information:
Teacher's name: Joshua Ilany
School: The Bronx High School of Science
Address: 75 W 205 St, Bronx, NY 10468
The survey is below. You must be logged in to your @bxscience gmail account to access it. If you still don't see it, try using a different browser.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Cynthia Golan to request assistance.