The Bronx Science Alumni Foundation is Hiring!
Associate Director, Alumni Relations and Development
Reporting to the Vice President of Strategy and External Affairs, the Associate Director has responsibilities in fundraising, alumni relations and communications. The role provides an opportunity to a talented professional to continue to drive growth for the Bronx Science Alumni Foundation.
The Bronx Science Alumni Foundation is organized for charitable and educational purposes, including, but not limited to, preserving the mission and excellence of The Bronx High School of Science. The Bronx Science Alumni Foundation exists to build and maintain relationships among its alumni and friends, to raise funds for both the School and Foundation activities and to serve as an effective model of a successful public school-private Foundation partnership. Providing financial resources and strategic guidance, the Foundation will work to ensure the highest quality education for students currently attending The Bronx High School of Science, while fostering lifelong social and professional relationships amongst the alumni.
Our job is to increase opportunities for students through improved funding, access to resources and using connections to expand student horizons. We raise money for specific facilities, curricular enhancements and experiential education programs to enhance the learning experience at the school. We organize programs locally, regionally and internationally to connect with our alumni.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working in a team based environment to deliver high quality alumni programs, thoughtful fundraising and engaging communications, partnering closely with the Alumni Foundation leadership and the school.
• Fundraising – Assist in fundraising through the Annual Fund by contributing to mailings, e-solicitations and scripts for
phone solicitations. Meet one-on-one with alumni.
• Alumni Relations – Help plan, market and execute more than two dozen alumni events annually locally, regionally and
internationally. Develop ideas for different alumni relations events to best engage alumni. Assist in running Alumni
Reunion Weekend including a dozen individual class celebrations and our annual Alumni Day.
• Communications – Lead efforts to develop the monthly e-newsletter and maintain our social media presence. Develop
student and alumni profiles to feature key constituents across mediums.
• Operations - Maintain gift opportunities, acknowledgments and event attendees in the Salesforce.com database. Seek
opportunities to improve efficiencies and increase automation.
• Teamwork – Work closely with the Vice President of Strategy and External Affairs to develop, execute and assess new
programs and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree and/or its equivalent required
• A minimum of one year in related work or volunteer positions in a related field
• Desire to work closely with alumni and students to enhance the Bronx Science community
• Knowledge of the New York City specialized high schools
• Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills necessary
• Strong preference for a graduate of The Bronx High School of Science or another specialized high schools
• Preference for experience with Salesforce.com, EventBrite and Hootsuite
How to Apply
Please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Cynthia Golan to request assistance.