The 2019 Course Selection Process at Bronx Science for Current Students
Talos, our new course selection program, opened on Thursday, February 28th and closed on Thursday, April 11th at 9AM. Click the headline to access the 2019 Course Guide and to view details and an updated timeline of the process (presentation available in 中文 , 한국어 , Español , বাংলা ).
- Thursday, February 28 - Talos opens. Students will be able to view all pre-approved courses. (Students have received instructions on how to access Talos and can now register for classes.)
- Monday, March 11, is Elective Day, which begins at the start of 9th period through the end of 10th period.
- By Friday, March 15, applications are due to departments for special permission courses (if a student was not pre-approved for a course and is interested in applying for the course). Students were emailed information on how to apply through Talos.
- New Date Thursday, April 11- Talos registration closes at 9AM
- Summer- Students receive preliminary programs for the 2019-2020 school year by email.
- When school begins in September, students will receive their finalized programs and programs cannot be changed.
- On your homepage or dashboard, on your right hand side, you will see a list of all the special permission classes you have received permission for already (if any).
- Below that list, you will find the "Course Application" section.
- In that field, press the "apply" button to apply for special permission classes.
- On the next screen, you will pick from the drop down list, the course you want to apply for and give a brief explanation of why you are applying.
- You must submit separate applications for each class you wish to apply to.
- For sophomore research, you must answer the additional questions listed in order to be considered.
- The deadline to apply for courses is March 15 at 3PM.
- The pending status will change to either accepted or denied based on whether you got into the class or not so check back to see the status of your application.
Statement on Accessibility: We are working to make this website easier to access for people with disabilities, and will follow the Web Content Accessibility
Guidelines 2.0. If you need assistance with a particular page or document on our current site, please contact Cynthia Golan to request assistance.